Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Monday 27 June 2011

This is Me: Take 3

Somehow, I have asked myself one theoretical question: Will I commit myself to a romantic relationship with a rich girl? Ok, I skipped the part about falling in love but I think falling in love isn’t that big a deal considering what comes after that is the crux of the matter. So, will I?

The easiest answer I’d come up with is that it depends. I mean how many would and could leave their featherbedded life? Often, they’d say they don’t mind as long as... See? There’s always a condition or two. And I’m totally fine with that. As long as the guy has a good, stable job and that he loves her. Love always comes last. What constitutes good and stable? A full-time operator at a, say, car assembly plant? I think they miss out one very crucial line: a job that is able let us live a comfortable life. Which begs the question, what will make life together comfortable? Good food? Expensive apparels?

It appears that it’s not easy to find someone with simple expectations, especially when they’re fortunate enough to be born on a silver platter. To have to slog so hard and to make something work purely to finance her lifestyle would not be worth it. Many well-off gentlemen could have done effortlessly. If it’s a romantic relationship, I’d opt for someone simple; if I may, a peasant girl with a simple outlook on life than a dame with outlandish desires.

Remember the post JRL: Stereotyping A Rich Kid?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/