Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Catnaps and Holidays

The traffic’s smoother and the roads appear wider. School holiday is surely here. Not only that, it’s the term break for universities here and summer break for those abroad. I’m certain that the days leading up to the exodus are filled with packaging, storage, paper works and a flurry of other activities.

Near or far, be it by land, air or sea (not sure if anyone still travel long distance in a boat), they return. I had my little homecoming the other day. Not really home but rather a place find some quiet. The university library. Apart from the adjoining new building, the old place has more seats and comfortable ones I must add.

























There’s the second floor where I spent most of my free time researching life in Angkor and the audio room where I drifted off to a deep slumber only to be awoken by the staff on duty at that time.

Next, I went to the top floor where the four of us did our Biostatistics assignments and other brain-intensive activities. Like I’ve said here somewhere, the university is the microcosm of the critter-eat-critter world and is a foretaste of the ugly things to come. Perhaps, the one saving grace about all this is the library. The place I met and worked with people I know well. It is also a place of bittersweet memories, mind you.

All in all, nothing beats high school. And I’ll pay her a visit soon.

June already? Time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/