Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Thursday 9 June 2011

Mudslide, Mountains, and A Mustard Seed

It’s just past 2 A.M. and I love the quiet of such hour. As much as I love staying up and croon to the melody of Jose Mari Chan’s Beautiful Girl, I’m aware of the effects of messing up my circadian rhythm.

So, I was out on another excursion to the blogs of total strangers. I love the different styles of writing that I encountered along the way. That, coupled with the stories told, made for a good read; if not inspiring and heart-warming. It’s so nice to see how close a parent-child relationship is from merely a sentence to how involved and supportive parents are in the next.

Initially, I meant for this post to be about Dante and Beatrice on unrequited love but thanks to a bandwidth well spent, I’ve come to realize that matters of the heart is infinitesimal compared to what people went through in their life.

I learned (from HERE) of one man (Tow Shung, Tan) who persisted in his fight against cancer to the very end but remained optimistic throughout. What would I do if I were him? Maybe I’d wallow in the mud of self-pity and get up, only to return into the pits again.

Another is about another man (David Ting) who began blogging during his treatment of cancer and he has been blogging ever since. One per day.

That reminds me of something I read about Polycarp and Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego; different outcomes yet the same display of faith to an ever faithful God. I might have missed the big picture and the important lesson in faith, and faith in God alone.

Resolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/