Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Tuesday 25 September 2007

The Place I Call My Home

Thought of my school and how I miss it so much. Ah, a place I grew up to be what I am today. A fine institution instilling in her students a sense of responsibility, humility, respect and yes, touching hearts. One of my favourite things to do. To touch hearts - literally. I could go on and on about it but I'd rather bring people on a grand tour, so give me a tinkle.
For the record, varsity is nowhere near the school. A microcosm of the real world, yes, but I stubbornly refuse to accept the pride and the selfishness thereof.
Went through some files and came upon something I penned back in 2002; the year of our sesquicentennial celebration. So here goes...


Five years nearly come to pass,
Everyone's parting at last,
Fond memories of the school will last,
Forever in our hearts.

Years of striving in the school,
Obeying and breaking the rules,
Much knowledge have we salvaged,
So much so we almost become a sage.

To all staffs, we thank,
While they teach we ne'er go blank,
Ever-Joker we are it seems,
And that always leaves them in steams.

Well done to the cooks,
The foods were so good,
And despite the mood,
Nasi Kandar is finger lickin' good.

Leaving all those things behind,
But never out of our mind,
No other schools are better,

Than our beloved Alma Mater.


St. Xavier's Institution

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed this post... my thoughts exactly :).

    ReplyDelete

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/