Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Monday 27 June 2011

This is Me: Take 4

Having typed so much about what some might call ‘strengths’, I’m not above reproach. Not at all. There are things that I’m not particularly proud of. If we’d just flip the coin over, then we’d see that my sensitivity at times borders on anaphylaxis i.e. hypersensitivity.

Point to note: I’m not led by my over-sensitive nature when I’m talking about the rich.

People tell me that I think too much. And that I’m reading too much into another person’s words or actions. There’s some truth in that since what I think might not be accurate, if not false altogether. At times, I mistook a joke for a criticism. Like when I said I’m fond of little girls and that I hope my first child to be a girl or that a small girl is adorable, I get that yikes-you’re-a-pedophile look. It’s depressing but perhaps, like I said, I misunderstood banter for an attack.

The creative portion of my brain may be a weakness too. That, together with oversensitivity, contributes a considerable amount of daydreaming. As an example, imagine the despair of a dreamer thinking he’s in love and that the feeling is mutual only to have reality shatter the reverie. Whilst I can understand puppy love and crushes, I’m not alluding to those.

Remember I said my peers are sometimes a bane too? I only have myself to blame. At times, I do make comparisons. Never mind if people say we compare to better ourselves. I don’t really buy that since there’ll always be people better. It’ll work until we run out of steam and when that happens, we’d feel inadequate. I know I would. I guess I have to constantly remind myself when it’s time to stop comparing.

I’m not the lazy type but I think laid-back would be apt here. I do get work done but sometimes it’s the last minute rush though the quality would be on par with my other tasks. So, not so much of a self-castigation here. Still, I find myself to procrastinate a lot.

The most obvious readily seen trait will have be my impatience. Mostly, it's got to do with people and my dealings with them. I dislike repeating myself and somehow I get really frustrated to the point of blowing my top. Once or twice and it's fine. I'd try and distill my message so it gets as simple as it possibly could. Alas, not everybody understands or else, I wouldn't have included this paragraph. Maybe, if I could be a wee bit more accommodating? I don't know. If I don't get the results I've come to expect, after waiting for some time of course, then I'd pack up and leave.

Both sides of the same coins and both giving the same value that it’s worth. That is if value can be measured simply by reading what I’ve written about my strengths and weaknesses. But it ain’t that simple right? It’s only after months if not years of knowing someone that we can truly appraise them for what they are.

All in all, I’m Julian. This is me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/