Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Strangers, again - Stages of a Relationship

This is a short film by Wong Fu Productions. They make some of the nicest videos on Youtube. Some hilarious and some, inspiring. The first time I watched this, I told myself, "Hey, I can totally relate to this one." And it's true that the early stages of a romantic relationship is the sweetest. But as they say, the spark starts the flame and it's up to us to keep it alive.

To those who are reading this, please don't take my word for it. Watch it.



Since I'm too free (it's past midnight now but like I said before, I love this hour), I've extracted some lines that I thought is true of each stage. At least, in my opinion, they are.

Stage 1:
I didn’t tell her that it was my first time running in about nine months and somehow, we ended up going for almost five miles that day. It’s so pathetic to see how guys would do just about anything for the right girl

Stage 2:
All I wanted was to know more about her.
All I wanted to do was to hang out with her.

The only person I wanted to talk to was her.
She was the number one priority.

And every time I saw her, butterflies.

She was everything that I thought could be perfect in a girl...

Stage 3:
Everyone calls it this, and for good reason.

Stage 4:
Some use it positively, continuing to work at their relationship and grow together, but others allow it to create distance.

Stage 5:
Somehow, the girl I was so crazy about a year ago had turned into someone who just wasn’t that special anymore. It happened so gradually that I didn’t even see it coming but there we were, just tolerating each other.

Stage 6:
Problems continue, arguments don’t get solved… I don’t even really remember what we argued about...

Stage 7:
And this is when the two of us will start a new path, one that leads right back to where we started, strangers.

Anniversary note:
This is to remind you of how hard you fell for me when we first met. Haha. Josh, I’m so glad we have each other in our lives. I know that no matter what, we’ll make it through; and we’ll always have a tomorrow together. Happy Anniversary!

Closing:
I think that if life separates us and we end up in totally different places, I’ll always remember when our paths aligned for this period of time… And I’ll be thankful for that. I hope that wherever you are, you’ll be thankful, too. I think that’s the best we can wish for.
   

3 comments:

  1. u very good in searching all this good video le...interesting video from wong fu. ytd had a good laugh at some video..

    s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, depends on the mood, really. Jubilee Project's ain't bad either.

    ReplyDelete

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/