Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Saturday 18 June 2011

The Rock That Is...

Did this for a friend some time back. Now when I'm down and out, strangely I felt it's now directed at me. As usual, click to enlarge.
I'm sure many can relate to this: that when things go wrong we start to go into fight-flight mode and refuse to look beyond the quandary we're in. It's just natural to do that; to ask ourselves if there are other solutions. And to come up with one if we haven't already done that.

Then it hit us. Let it be. Let God. Trust him to provide. Scoffers are going to say, "What? Sit and wait?"

I certainly don't mean that. What I'm saying is that whilst we're a fusspot, we have to really bring it all to God and trust Him to do what's best for us. What's more important, to let things fall into place according to His will.

Argh! Let's give it a try shall we? And who knows, in time, we'd be able to proclaim like the psalmist

I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18.1-2

Edit: Someone led me to this. And of course, there are a few others too. What I did was just embed one here. Grace by Laura Story. Enjoy, people!


 

2 comments:

  1. Nice song! The opening " my heart is so proud, my mind is so unfocused" hits me!! I like this encouraging post :)

    s

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I see the things you do through me as great things I have done...

    ReplyDelete

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/