Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Monday 15 August 2011

And the Glory Goes to...

Remember I wrote about how much I like looking at randomly-lit cityscape painted by artificial lights set in front of a dark background? I was looking through the pictures I snapped with my camera phone (funny how they’d come up with the name) and most are pictures of the sky. Not totally skies but you know, more up and than down?

Also, those pictures are usually warm which means they’re either taken at dawn or dusk. It’s during sunset that I feel really at ease and letting the throes of the day fade into the darkness. No doubt the sunrise is a sight to behold but where I am, we usually anticipate a hot and sweaty day ahead.

It’s different about 12 hours later when it’s dry and the mercury’s falling. You’d feel things beginning to slow down reaching equilibrium with how intense the wave hits the rock. Soon, life begins both here on the ground and up in the sky.

I’m glad I was there with my trusty Sony Ericsson K530i.

Early in the morning with the white balance set to "cloudy"
Some time in the morning
Late one evening at USM
A wonderful place to be in the evening; more so if its breezy. This is the "rock"-y place I was talking about. Across the road from Queensbay Mall.
Teluk Kumbar: Out looking for seafood and since dinner takes a while to be served...
Ok, now I’m being effusive and at the same time, bland. Perhaps, this God-suspired nature is able to communicate its splendour – differently every time – to everyone who takes time to see.

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.
Psalm 19:1-4
Lord, regardless whether one prefers 7 am or 7 pm, I thank you for each new day and your providence throughout.
 

2 comments:

  1. The teluk kumbar looks like a nice place to unwind & indulge in a variety seafood. Will keep it in mind if I ever make it there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hey Anon, it is. But if I have a few more litres of petrol in the tank, I'd head over to Bukit Tambun in the mainland instead. As far as the view goes, this is the only one that I know of.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/