Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Back When

A friend shared a video on her Facebook wall and the moment I hit play, a familiar face greeted me. I've seen this guy somewhere and half a seconds later, I remembered. Nick was the reason I penned a short verse back in 2007; August 23 to be exact.

When I finished, I wasn't sure where I'd post that and it hit me, I'd have my own corner here in cyberspace. The rest, like they say, is history.

Four years on and over 250 posts later, I'm glad I'm still the same inside. Still that guy who prefers the quiet of his house and declining many invites to "hang out". By certain definition, I'm what they call a loser. But if not getting wasted and to spend money unnecessarily is deemed a loser, then I gladly embrace it. There's nothing more important to me than to be who I really am. Of course, I don't live a cloistered life. I had my share of fun these years with wonderful people I've met along the way.

I suppose I'm thankful to God for doing what He's done thus far; for with my own strength, I wouldn't be the person I am today. Looking at how Nick lives, I'm all the more thankful for what I have at this moment. Still, many times I find myself whine and complain too much. I'm sure many do that too (right? :)) and somehow we seem to be so prone to take things for granted. Seen that ever so often in myself, people around me, and even on Y!A.

And Nick comes along to sort of put us in our place. I need to be more appreciative of the goodness showered upon me each day, even if it meant the slice of sponge cake on the table is still edible – for lunch.

Enjoy the clip. It's been four years and he's enjoying his life since the first day I "met" him online.


Back when...
Here's the very first post that I mentioned above: Life Without Limbs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/