Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Friday 20 May 2011

Wide Angle Lens

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.
Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

As I wait for my the day I own a camera, I thought to myself, "Should everything be about me?"

Many recount their misfortunes, their I-nearly-hit-the-jackpot lottery incident, and like me, looking at how pathetic I am to be broken time and again. I hit the net reading stories written about the early days of Malaysia. The recent threat of a crusade against Christians and other inflammatory statements spewed out by racists-cum-bigots did well to remind me that there are bigger things in life.

I love the stories of human relationships. And at the same time wonder to myself why is it that only during a bloodbath that we hear of people like Oskar Schindler? It's refreshing, nonetheless, to know that there are many who don't subscribe to extremism and that idea racial superiority.
Now, back to nursing my injuries. *lol*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/