Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Sunday 22 May 2011

Getting Old?

Is it true that when a person hits a certain number in life, they begin doing things they've never done before? Not necessarily something drastic like... I don't even know what they do.

What I'm trying to say is I look back more now than I did years back. I miss my schooldays so much. The before- and after-school street soccer. The loud talking in a noisy canteen. The banters. The punishment — oh yes, we're the vibrant ones. And then there was the crooning behind the lecture theatre; not Backstreet Boys nor 'N Sync, just the hits from the times when we're still suckling. Also, who can forget the little crushes that comes when a five years (11 if you include primary school) of all-boys environment ended in sixth form (pre-U if you'd like). The fleeting glances. The smiles. The blushes and flushes.

Those were the things that raced (some floated gently) through my mind. It all seemed too fast. Yesterday I was 16 and today I'm 26. Besides the past, I always anticipate, cautiously, what the future holds. A lack of faith in the Lord? Really? Well, as much as I'd like, I do get swept into that wave of apprehension at the thought of things to come.

I've intended for this piece to be short but I found this piece posted by my friend somewhere. It's about what I've just said up there; about our attempt to unseat the original singers of some well-known songs. *laughs*

Here goes (unabridged and in its entirety) . Links at the bottom:

Of singing at the back of lecture theatres

"Why do birds, suddenly appear? Everytime..You are near..
Just like me....They long to be...Close to you" -Close to you...by The Carpenters-

ahh...one of the classic songs that was sung at the back of lecture theatres throughout my 6th form years.
Actually...Why do we do it? Is it because we're seeking attention? Or is the 6th form syllabus taking a toll on us?Releasing study pressure perhaps? Whatever the reason, we always had fun when we're singing at the back of the class. Yes!! We do get stares from the other students(like they're gonna murder us or something).

And who are my partners in crime??
Drum roll please...jeng jeng jeng jeng...my brothers Chang Yan Wai, Julian Chin, Hor Zian Khang, Edwin Lee(chinese rapper), Jiwan, Woo Yuen Thern, Thopson Ooi
These guys deserve a special mention...I love all of them(not in a gayish way)..hahahahaha
Thanx brothers for all the good times....The below is a little something for u all....Cheers

"So I say....Thank you for the music, the songs I’m singing
Thanks for all the joy they’re bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty....What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me"

-Thank You For The Music...by ABBA-
posted by slacker @ 7:40 PM
the slacker's hideout

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/