Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Saturday 21 February 2009

Life In Motion: Symphonic Resonance

Symphonic Resonance - the theme of the night at Dewan Sri Pinang. Never mind the picture of the Austrian Parliament in Vienna below; I was carried away. Back home, it was full house and the audience was feted to an excellent repertory of music pieces, both classical and contemporary. I wonder until the end why didn't they include the themes from the anime Blood+. Oh well...


The boys and girls of the Jit Sin Philharmonic Orchestra (the Chinese Orchestra is on its way) did very well and I will not compare them to the pros. All in unison, perfectly timed and synchronized. A joy to watch them. These guys (and gals) are a bunch of talented people and - I may add - bright.

Like I've mentioned earlier (here), those on stage tonight will one day travel down the road least taken; one which will lead to their desire and passion being made a reality. How many make music their profession? And I'm not talking about being a part-time music teacher; much less to make music a hobby.

My only complain of the night besides some unruly behaviour of some students (how I miss school life) are the seats in the hall. High time somebody do something about it. On the whole, it was a good experience. I best start out here before splashing on the MPO in KLCC. After all, I'm no musician but one learning to appreciate them.

My respect is ever that high for these fellas on the stage. Each with their instruments and however loud (or soft), each contributes to the piece being performed. The theme from Pirates of the Caribbean (oh, here's Hans Zimmer) was great and I love the energy of it. Gum-Suckers March and the Blue Danube were other wonderful ones.

To the JSPO and to them who dream and dare make music a goal, I say to you all, "Bravo!"

Danube so blue, so bright and blue,
through vale and field you flow so calm,
our Vienna greets you, you silver stream
through all the lands you merry the heart
with your beautiful shores...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/