Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Sunday 17 July 2011

Life as I Know It

[I] have been rather sedentary lately. But unlike the pictures that may be popping up in your mind when I mention sedentary, I’m sitting as opposed to lying down and I’m facing my laptop instead of the television. Well, I do turn to see what’s on the TV screen every now and then.

So what have I been up to lately? For a start, I did a lot of thinking (which is quite usual) and a lot less hop-skipping on the net from blogs to blogs or from videos to videos (on Youtube). I’ve taken up, rather seriously, digital art / photo-manipulation. Serious sounded like I need to do that or I’d be out on the streets but actually, it’s more like I’m spending a lot more time on Gimp (I'm not rich enough to afford Photoshop) working on images and creating new stuff. If only I’d show such dedication when working on my thesis.

The deviantART logo by *Utao. How nice is that?

Besides noting (and sketching) down ideas for poems (and art), I’m making good progress on the fretboard of my guitar; at least that’s what I’d like to think. You see, I can’t sing and I’m not even the “bathroom singer” type. So much for music, eh? Photography and videography would be the two things I’d like to get my hands into. Too much theory on these subjects amounts to nothing if I don’t even know how to handle the equipments, yes? I think I’m going to put these on hold since what I’m currently doing costs nearly nothing. Yes, I’m broke. But I’m not brought up and taught to spend thoughtlessly either.

These days, all I make in the kitchen (that is if I am in the kitchen) is... instant noodle. See? I’m not even “making” things now. I’m “preparing”. Gone were the pizza-making days (and chapatti too), chicken schnitzels and the good ol’ oriental dishes. Man, times are hard indeed.

Jack of all trades, master of none. Familiar? It’s for self-satisfaction that I do what I do, really. After all, it’s only a matter of time when my life will be dedicated to “tilling the ground and eat my food with sweat running from my brow” (paraphrasing mine). I’d no longer have time picking up new things. As it stands now, I have yet to decide what I’m going to do with my life. *jumping in delight*

Time to look up the [part time] job ads, work on my deviation (as artistic products are called on deviantART), and have a look at my thesis. Maybe I should take some time off to visit my first love, reading.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/