Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Sunday 3 July 2011

Letting Go

It’s been an eventful (or uneventful depending on how you wish to see it) day. I’ve replaced the strings on the guitar and spent some back-breaking time getting it in tune, for now.

Then there’s Youtube. As usual, I have my daily routine of [feather] weights and crunches. Boy, I’ve lost so much weight for the past two months; not that I’m fat to begin with.

As I wind down, I realize that there’s only so much one can do and try as we might, sometimes things just don’t go the way we’d have wished them to go. Be it as it may, we’d take comfort knowing that nothing ever happens by chance or by accident. I know that God is in control. It’s just the matter of yielding to God.

Sometimes, the fist ought to be opened or grip relaxed and we let go what we’ve been holding on to. Only then can we raise our hands in surrender; not admitting defeat, instead, to acknowledge the sovereignty of God.

Whoever said letting go of something or someone is always easy? But if it’s meant to be that way, then we’d have to be gracious about it. I’d like to remind myself, and anyone reading of course, that nothing ever happens by chance. And things occur for a reason, even if we’d never know what it is. Not now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/