Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Bracing Myself

Exactly a week from now around this time, I can be sure that I’ll be holding an ice pack to my left cheek. We (PKC and myself) made an appointment to see the dentist to remove our wisdom teeth (or in my case, tooth; but it’s still teeth for him).

Whilst he’s in some kind of pain, I’m feeling some throbbing sensation to my impacted mandibular third molar every now and then. The decision to get it extracted was made due, in part, to the fact that I’d like to enjoy the food at Kak Mimi’s open house during Hari Raya. Also, it’s unnerving to wait for the day when the area around my impacted tooth finally gets infected and then things would get really complicated.

I’m more afraid of the post-operative pain [stemming from alveolar osteitis] than the extraction process. But as shown on YouTube, the process is rather bloody. I’ve spent hours reading (generally and on scientific journals) about wisdom tooth extraction the all the possible side effects. Let’s hope things go well, especially the three days after surgery.

Funny. I’ve been linking an impacted tooth to life. Somehow if things are supposed to be removed, they’d get removed. And it’s always the aftermath that people feel the full weight (is this a correct word?) of the whole affair – the pain; dull, pulsating, throbbing, and sometimes searing. I’m just imagining the pain. I promise to describe them in detail soon after it heals, alright?

For now, I’m in the mood for some nice music. And I’m being nice (always have been, no?) by sharing it with you.

Here’s Christian Kane with Thinking of You. Look up the lyrics and see it they mean anything to you. I’m too lazy to dissect them. I'm sorry. (“,)

 

2 comments:

  1. Everything will be fine Julian. Just follow the post operative care & u should be good in a couple of days and hopefully in time to enjoy the scrumptious food at ur friend's open house. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there...

    You're up early unless, of course, you're in a different place.

    Thank you for your kind words. Appreciate them. Really. Yeah, post-op...

    You have a good week ahead. And I look at what lies ahead. =) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/