Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Wednesday 28 January 2009

Pamplona Bull Run

The second day of Chinese New Year (or Spring Festival in China) has come and gone - about 15 minutes ago. The first two days are usually significant since both days are national holidays. I liken this year to the bull run. Yes, so much fanfare and predictions running up to the year of the ox but all seemed too short-lived - ephemeral.

The last two hours or so were spent in darkness; no thanks to the power trip in some sub-station somewhere. It was well spent in that I've almost summed up the days' happening. Bonding is already certain. Everyone did make some amount of endorphin in their endocrine system and luckily, no one broke any ribs while laughing.

Good food and great time although I'd do better in PR. But then, it couldn't be forced right? I'd use these phrases: silent concern, unspoken care, and cryptic appreciation. There was even a photo presentation. One I reckon to be the climax of the gathering apart from winning in the card game. Aunt and uncle's trip to China - stunning environs. Another place to my list of places to visit!

Like any other year, this one ends really soon (although traditionally its observed all the way to the 15th day). The kid in me looks forward to the next gathering but the mind, as always, is wary of each day that greets me. I don't need the feng shui master to tell me but I have a hunch that it's going to be another 11 months of bittersweet journey.

To digress a bit, I observed that there are so many feng shui "experts" this year giving their two cents on the economy, career, relationship and everything else concerning us. And they call feng shui a science too. Unbelievable. Take relationship for instance, it isn't about star signs, animal signs, nor birth dates but rather chemistry, understanding, acceptance, and patience. So, come to me all ye hopeless romantics and I shall impart my knowledge to you all.

This is another random posting just to take my mind off the shock seeing how fast time flies. I shall stare into the picture below to soothe my wounded spirit for the feng shui guy says that the mountain-- no, I don't believe in such things - science or otherwise.

3 comments:

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/