Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Sunday 18 January 2009

Ah! Dang lizards, ants, and roaches. Mozzies too.

When we see them, we're quick to grab the strategically placed aerosol can and direct its nozzle at the "enemy". For ants, we'd spray a white liquid to repel them. But lizards are driving us up the wall. Yet to try out the purported non-toxic lizard spray in the store though.

Now, however much we love other living creatures we can't stand the irritation and the sight of some of them. I forgot to mention mozzies as well. Can you fault me for killing them just to protect myself and my household from harm and possible diseases?

I don't go hunting for them down the water pipes nor do I disturb the ant mound in the garden and end up destroying half the area. When they stay in their zone and I in mine, then we'd coexist together. Take home words: coexist, harm, protect, disturb.

A friend and her scorpion sting terminology gave me this idea to include mozzies, roaches, ants and lizards. Like I said, I'd stop when I'm not provoked. A ceasefire. Sometimes, insects do learn from all the conditioning. The same can't be said about humans though.

1 comment:

  1. kill them..

    especially mozzies..coz they are dangerous creature..dengue, chikungkunya virus n malaria..scary wei..

    ants n lizard are okay..mosquito? eliminate them before they come to you..

    ReplyDelete

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/