Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Tuesday 8 November 2011

The Loop Button

Free-verses are less restrictive and needs little distillation.

The loop function is activated
But really, it can't be turned off at all
It's one of those trips off the beaten track
Into the feeding ground of sandflies
Some say nurtured by the priest-doctor

All alone all along
I stumbled on all day long
Sometimes in doubt and in fear
Not wanting to suffer and trade my life so dear
To the terrifying curse of Kala-azar

The walking stick aids my wearied members
Rough basalt becomes my pillow
Phantom breeze whispers into my ears
Whilst the dew comforts me
Until next ray of sunshine imparts warmth

I awake to a million gnaws
And realize this place ain't Lilliput
These six-legged critters are starving
A bunch of toucans chirp derisively
and one lone toad croaks in agreement

The loop function is activated
But really, it can't be turned off at all
It's one of those trips off the beaten track
Into the proving ground of stealthy hunters
Some say trained by the Wolbachia warriors
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/