Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Wednesday 26 October 2011

A Rude Awakening

5:20 AM... Is what I saw when I reached for my phone.

5:22 AM... Is the time I lost that "sleep is the best thing to do in the world right now" feeling and lay in the dark wondering if owls have infrared vision.

There's so many weddings going on and with dates like November 11 and December 12 (next year) looming, it's good business for those planners. One wonders what the number's like in two or five years; that is, number of married couples still hitched.

Why marry
  • and call it quits?
  • and fight (verbally and physically)?
  • and have kids only to dump them at their grandparent's?
I have better things to dwell upon but sometimes these questions get triggered. And no one does a better job than the folks in the unit a few floors down. They fight like bitter enemies most of the time and when they don't, they share their conversations with everyone else. All that at inconvenient hours (as if there's a convenient hour for those things).

Hang in there, kid
And in the middle is this tot who, in my opinion, expresses his feeling by crying. Lately, screaming has been incorporated into the crying and I have to put up with that scryeaming (lame, I know) at different times of the day.

I really pity that guy but it's getting on my nerve especially at times like this. To play the blame game, it's always the caregivers' fault: parents who think only of themselves and grandparents who can't be bothered by a crying child. Now isn't the time (and I'm not in the right frame of mind) to approach the issue of marriage "in the heat of the moment".

With four hours of extra time on a public holiday, I wonder what I'm going to do.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/