Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Friday 7 October 2011

More Than Just Breakfast

"Bagel, brioche, or nasi lemak for breakfast tomorrow?"
"I'll have one each day. Then top off breakfast with a glass of carrot juice."

Simple right?

Sometimes, the options are laid before us and we only have to make an informed choice. You see, I'm terrified of the unknown as much as I'm excited about it. It's not that I'm about to end my life, visit the next, decide that I hated it, and the hit the undo button only to know that it's broken.

Still, some decisions are permanent in that we don't get the chance to revisit them ever again. A few are pivotal. Whilst it's true that we live with them, and being the resilient creature, adapt to survive, being certain about the choice we make could save us some sighs and heartbreak.

Am I biding my time for far too long? Can being careful simply be seen as cowardice or are both mutual, inextricable traits? I haven't an answer; not even for myself.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/