Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Monday 19 September 2011

Yoshi! Ikuzo!

Yes, I'm still sane but for how long? I can't tell. I've been motivating myself all day today and for the past weeks; prompting myself to go a step further. 

"Just one more line before you can stop for dinner. Never mind the aroma of baked squid stuffed with minced chicken, fish, shrimps, and crab meat (?)"

Operating from where I am right now, I couldn't have asked for a more strategic location in the house. Five steps to the east is my room. The place I would go to plop myself on the bed and heave loudly every few hours or so.

Five steps (yes, I counted) northwestward lies the kitchen when I need the heaven-sent liquid called water. It tastes sweet when I'm thirsty. Seriously.

The window to the north provides me a view of the outside world and sunsets are always beautiful. I said sunset because I let down the curtain to shield off the glare of daylight. No, I don't glitter nor burn.

Back to the coffee table where I work, it's in the path of the afternoon breeze blowing into my room and exits the window to my left.

A twitch to reposition myself. A scratch on the back to eliminate the itch. Turning my head in circles and shrugging to loosen up. That's about all the "physical activities" involved in a day. Gosh! And at 60 kg, I'm not exactly worried about my size but my heart.

A few hundred pixels away lies the bookmark button to Blogger and Windows Media Player. This is what's keeping me from mental lethargy although I get occasional blocks halfway at the 5100th word.

No English or Mandarin songs for me (even though I don't understand 80% of Mandarin) so I don't have auto-understand the lyrics. I'm switching to Japanese! Woot! I don't understand 8 out of 10 words I hear and I don't wish to either. For good reasons too: I can fully concentrate on making a 5-line sentence broken up in pieces by a mixture of commas, semicolons and dashes; all the time peppering it with words / jargons / phrases worthy of publication in an academic journal.

If I have to choose, I'll still go for blogging. They say all goods things are meant to be shared, so I'm embedding the MV to the song I've been listening to for the hundredth time now.

Sakura ~Anata ni Deaete Yokatta~ (さくら ~あなたに出会えてよかった~; Cherry Blossom ~I'm Glad to Meet You~)
 

The spacebar is not responding well and occasionally, wordsarenotproperlyseparated. Sometimes they do.

4 comments:

  1. haiz. we experiencing the same thing..ganbatte la..S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm sure we are. One down, two to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear... a fellow blogomaniac... I say let's combine spheres of influence and colonize the semicolons, bwahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mr Antares.

    I'm honoured.

    "Colonize the semicolons".. Lol! Speaking of colons, I need a colon-cleansing after those low fibre, high fat snacks.

    ReplyDelete

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/