Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Saturday 24 September 2011

Autocracy, Bureaucracy, and I'm busy

As usual, faced with an enormous list of things to do, I'm complaining about the lack of time in a day. There's only so much (and a little more) a person can do before 10 x 5 = ? takes more effort than usual to compute.

This is where my favourite part of toiling comes in: the reward. My "have a break, have a Kit Kat" time. Instead of chocolates, I go on a blog hop or streaming videos on YouTube. Recently, everyone was sharing the Undilah (Vote-lah) PSA on facebook and I must say, the messages are spot on.

1. exercise our right to vote (meaning you register if you'd never voted before
2. the people's the boss (and like most evil bosses, they have the "Eject" and "Promote" buttons to push)

Still, when I learned that the PSA was taken off the air (not that it really matters since there are plenty of resources on the Net), I felt that someone on top was annoyed by the contents and the 'extras' making a cameo appearance.

I don't know, I might be wrong. Of course, they have their reasons for doing so. They always have some forms of a canned speech, don't they?

Back in school, I remember learning about the structure of the government and the principle of separation of powers. We discussed many things and one of it was the deadening subject of bureaucracy.

I wish I could meet up with Mr Anthony now and ask why didn't we learn that the government is autocratic? Well, to put it nicely, quasi-autocratic. I suppose this is tacit knowledge to most people? Again, I might be wrong because nowhere in the [mainstream] papers or news states that. We're a democratic country because... *trails off*

Oh well, I'll settle for a Jubilee Project PSA for now.


Teachers, I have so much love and admiration for them...Well, not quite everyone...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/