Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Sunday 4 September 2011

It was great, people!

Good food and great company. 

And I stand by my statement. We had a blast last night and we've proven, time and again, that gatherings can be smashing without booze.

Anyway, I've never laughed so hard for a long time now and Kak Mimi's nieces and nephews are adorable. They reminded me of the time during such festive season where we run around the house without a care in the world. They kept coming back for fire to light their lanterns. I guess they have their interpretation of "carrying lanterns". One of those lanterns was annihilated, much to their joy as they shrilled in delight.

I'm glad we came up with the idea of bringing the Mooncake Festival to Raya open house. By the time we're barbequing the chickens (with an incredible consisting of lemongrass, somehthing, and something - sorry for my sense of taste, or the lack thereof).

Remember my digital dinosaur? I realized, after a few blurry pictures, that the auto-focusing is off at the shortest (widest angle) focal length but I'm quite happy with the outcome. Ah, I should have borrowed the DSLR...

It's sad that two of our "gang" members weren't able to join us but we did a little conference over the phone's loudspeaker and "chided" them for their absence. Of course, a commonplace for all gatherings, there were updates about the present and the future. Some good, some not so good, some bright and others dim. Still, it's great to know how they're doing now!

Thank you, people, for a great time and thanks to Kak Mimi for inviting us. Next stop: Indian cuisine for Deepavali next month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/