Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Sunday 10 January 2010

Self Evaluation

I'm sad to read in the news how there were two more bids to burn churches and in another related incident, a black paint was splashed. I'm sad to see how my country seems to breed fanatics akin to that in Pakistan and elsewhere where chaos reigns supreme.

But then, these allow Christians everywhere to ask themselves one simple question: "How I felt?"

Yes, how we felt? Was it anger? Or anger which then simmers down to forgiveness [after reading Matthew 5:39]? Or was it an urge to pray for God's protection and for forgiveness for the perpetrators? I'd never know what went through the minds of believers right up to the church leaders. What I know is that it's good exercise to put into actions what we've learn every now and then from sermons and bible studies. After all, faith [in Jesus and His nature] is dead without works.

We're called to praise God in every circumstances and surely God sees. So, [as a reminder to myself] love and bless those who curse you. Truly, God is love and we're compelled to love as He loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/