Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Friday 8 January 2010

Knowing My Birthplace

I nearly echo what Khairy said in relating to the church attack but then again, I've always known that such a thing will happen in the country since such attacks occurred in neighbouring Indonesia long ago. It's sad to see how, in recent years, some resort and move towards extremism (here read as extreme measures and nothing else) in a country known to be moderate.

Moderate internationally but like all other countries, there are problems and uneasiness simmering occasionally spilling to the front page but threats and the actual act of carrying it out is quite alien to me. Of course, I went like, "Wow, there are hackers here in Malaysia too". Now, it's this, "Gosh, we're becoming more like Pakistan!"

That said, it's a comfort to know that there exist cool-headed Muslims (not the politicians, I don't trust them) like this one and my mates. Well, I will never know how much they meant what they said but at least they don't charge after me screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/