Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Tuesday 15 December 2009

KL: Christmassy Sights, Sounds, and Scents

Am in KL for the MTSF research grant presentation and as always, a road trip is very much welcomed. If malls back home in Penang are all spruced up for the 25th, here in KL, it's much more elaborate and way more pines – wreaths or garlands. Not to mention giant trees everywhere. Even our former PM's (Tun Mahathir) bakery has blue lights on the vegetation surrounding the establishment at Pavillion KL.

Pavillion KL at the Bukit Bintang area; the fountain in front of the building is really beautiful

I was having a good time with the used-by-novice Kodak digital, shooting amongst the guys carrying 200 mm lens fitted to their squarish, bulky, expensive DSLRs. Man, they have gorgeous models with them too.

Experimenting with what I have, satisfied though limited

I'm surprised how far my legs carried me yesterday and today, effectively fulfilling my exercise quota for the remainder of the year. Tomorrow's D-day and I'm quite excited about the whole affair, more so the luncheon. Thereafter to KLCC and the environs, meaning another trigger-happy field day.

The Petronas Twin Towers, snapped from some housing area nearby during my aimless patrol around the city. Stunning.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/