Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Friday 17 July 2009

Opening Up

She smiled at me the other day.

We spoke briefly over a hot dog and a glass of drink.

We all sat down over breakfast and began chatting; there I was munching away at a piece of cake.

These are situations that occur time and again. It may be at different places and involves different people but the outcome is still the same. I'd just say my hello and that's about all to it. It's different when I'm in the lab. I guess that is attributed to my seeing them everyday and we've come to be very close to one another. We'd go for food every other day (a big meal coming up 4 hours from now) and futsal every Wednesday evening. Next month, there'll be a trip to Genting Highlands although I'm not sure if I'd be heading up there.

Enough of what we do as a lab, I have problems (not really a problem since it's not disrupting my life, not yet) when meeting new people. I just froze. Never mind if I'm a chatterbox, especially in the lab, or if I'm like Sheldon of The Big Bang Theory, I'm a totally different person when it comes to the ice-breaking. Not sure what contributed to my being shy though.

There were times when I just let the opportunity pass knowing full well that something nice could develop from it. Gosh! And I regretted it thereafter. Someone suggested that I speak to myself *lol* but I think I'd do better to just go up and start wow-ing them. Never mind if I have the look of Spock.

One more thing, it happens only when I meet people of the opposite gender. Carpe diem, Julian!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/