Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Saturday 25 July 2009

Life in Motion: Breaking Down

There wasn't any warning; no ember "check engine" light nor tremors associated with a break down. The engine just died and the car rolled to a stop. Dialled the highway authority's number, waited for help to arrive, and got to thinking...

Vivid pictures began forming. Not exactly static pictures, rather short clips flashing across in a disorganized manner; the kind you'd expect when you look at my half completed project in Windows Movie Maker (or any other video editing software running on any other PCs).

There I was in my green necktie during assembly. Then in a purple necktie during the varsity's orientation week. And yet another tie, this time blue with a matching light yellow during my convocation. Sometimes I'm clad in white lab coat, well, off-white over the years in service.

Cars zoomed by. A black, heavily-modded Celica. A tour bus.

"Time flies, faster than these objects doing 110 kph" I thought to myself.

So where am I in life? Have I deviated? Thrown off course? Is my goal still the same selfless decision? Or have the riches and enticing proffers of research leading me instead?

For a start, I haven't stepped on anybody's head, figuratively of course. I don't think I'd be following the men and women of science towards achieving glory; feeding on the flesh and drinking the blood of hapless fellow human beings whilst betraying who we are.

I'm still up serving people as a professional, pro bono I may add. My motivation would be simple and unadulterated. It'd be for betterment of my surrounding and for knowledge (since I've been saying that three years of varsity isn't enough, well maybe not here) and others take precedence to them.

I must be deep in thought and half dreaming about it. The burly guy shook me so hard and he was still holding oon to my shoulder when I opened my eyes. We spoke briefly before his friend got down and hook my car to the cable, chains, or whatever it's called.

Note: It's been a while since I wrote the 'Life in Motion' part. Nothing out of the ordinary I suppose.


2 comments:

  1. so, is ur car back & running?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Err.. Car's in good condition. My Life in Motion posts are imaginary (as far as the locations are concerned) but the focus is real.

    Contemplating a new setting... Pioneer Valley perhaps..

    ReplyDelete

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/