Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Friday 5 June 2009

End of An Eventful Three Months





"You may begin now". I thought I hear that all the time; beginning from primary one right up to my final year in varsity. Of course it wasn't in English all the time.

It's a novel thing, personally. Though the amount of preparation is crazy and literally back-breaking, the examination marks the end of an eventful 3-month stint at Disted.

For every lesson, these 20-odd fellas remind me, in every way, the time when I was sitting in their places albeit in school uniforms and more covered up (I'm talking about shoes here). I can understand the dryness (read boring) that comes with the lesson and the sleepyheads. The knowing nod and absence of blank faces is perhaps the most rewarding thing.

Some thought being called "sir" is, you know, dignified. But I'd rather they address me by my name but too bad no one did. For the record, a handful calls me "teacher". Gosh!

Whatever it is, things have nearly come to an end. Another 30 minutes or so and their battle is over. A delight to "see" myself in a third person cracking my head and writing so quickly. I noticed, too, that two of my students, like myself, are left-handed.

My weekend will be spent in Turkey marking their papers but after a hectic but memorable three months, time for a break. I'd bring with me the sights and sound of AS Biology in DISTED, the sleepy ones, the bright ones and the quiet ones. Truly, a class of 20 with myriads of personalities, just like that of amino acids and proteins.

4 comments:

  1. Haha....Turky trip this time? good luck for the marking, hope u wouldn't 'faint' at reading Aik Shin's writing while speeding with Alonso hahaha..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yet to look at the structured part. But 39/40 is something. Lol. Button won.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW.
    fainting upon my writings...
    nice try ms marisaXD

    ReplyDelete

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/