Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Tuesday 9 December 2008

Nankurunaisa

Sudden twitching of the eyelids
A momentary lapse of concentration
In that short time span I was freed
From criticism, judgment, and humiliation

As if like you, a deep sleep beckons me
To shut out everything, everyone; all and sundry
For the path is long, the end blurred
I have not your resolve, vision obscured

It all began in Okinawa
And thence to the world wide and far
Good and bad times in Vietnam, London, and Russia
To observing sunset aboard a San Francisco cable car

Has it been three years or thirty years?
Since you came and allay my fears
Of snakes and of the unknown
Tatakae!”, you’d say and all doubts are gone

Till the very end you smiled
Warm embrace along the coastal road
The moonshine and sea breeze seemed to have you lulled
The imposing sea stack and cloud; ominousness forebode

Nay, like you I’d be firm
Be calm, collected and focused
I’ll fight and live – with a smile – for a better morrow
Holding to my, our’s, watchword: Nankurunaisa


Inspired by the life of Otonashi Saya. My gratitudes to the Miyagusuku family: George, Kai, and Riku.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/