Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Monday 13 October 2008

Peering into the future

Where do you see yourself in, say, 5 - 10 years' time? Do you know what you want to do in the coming 3 years? These, and many more, are questions posed by the all-knowing, infallible professors in university and also our always-concerned relatives. Whilst some may have good intentions behind that plain question, some may be motivated to humiliate us outright.

Many say we ought to plan our future and save for the rainy days. When it comes to planning one's life, God is out of the schematics. Worst, some even think God is purely psychological - meant to uplift us and give us the feel good sensation. In other words, false security for a, perceived, lazy person.

I look up to people who plan and achieve things and that's about all. I don't see the benefits for making enemies and stepping on people's head whilst climbing up the steps of vanity. No, I'm not a monk-wannabe with profound wisdom. I just don't see the need for more and more success when what's available at the moment suffice for a comfortable existence. This (success) is merely a benchmark set by imperfect people. Does having a good job means success? What is a good job then? A job with a high salary? Are mobsters considered successful then? Some say it's measured by how much you gave up to get it. Giving away health, friends, love, and life isn't worth it at all.

Many thinks that God would only help those who help themselves but there's a flaw in it. Would any parent help their child do something knowing it'd lead to anything other than good? I believe that God would help in a sincere plan, one not having a motivation to be big-headed, arrogant, or self-glory.

Where do I see myself? I see myself where I ought to be. And remembering my origins, not giving way to vainglories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/