Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Thursday 2 October 2008

Life and it's vagaries

An eventful month of September, for the country and myself as well. It's October now and the beginning of another month. I asked myself, for the past four weeks, have I lived meaningfully? And how will I live in the days to come? It has long occurred to me that life isn't something one could predict. Life could just end the next moment. Why the intense fight to be at the top? I may not know exactly the whys and wherefores of one's self-aggrandizement but I do think it's worthless and in vain. Why the strife and antagonism just to prove who is better or who is right? For life and all its vagaries, it's not worth it.

I've decided not to be bound by the mundane and rigid rule of life; that is, to study and then work to earn. When health is spent, seek medical treatment using the accumulated funds. I'd rather do things driven by my passion and the enjoyment thereof. Not to grovel and then regret it. It's time we come to realise that life is likened unto grass and it's glory, flowers. For when the time comes, all shall wither and fade. How true. I'd strive to achieve my goals; that of learning and gaining enjoyment by means of experimentation with a bit of ingenuity.

What was I saying really? Enjoy life that God has given and the good things in nature, albeit temporal. And to stay aloof of things that'd rob the joy of life i.e. politics and competition, but not disconnected nor hermitic. Difficult as it may sound and as ideal as it may look, I believe that it can be done.

Now, how do I forget and forgo this hurt.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/