Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Saturday 27 September 2008

Then and now - Labour all the same

I believe that every man and woman has gone through, specifically, life as a student. Now, we can always expect two things from these people: 1) They'd make sure you live what they had lived or 2) They'd motivate you saying "I've been thru this, and I symphatize with you". Now listen...". The former does say "I understand" but in the manner of if-I-can-do-it-so-can-you. See?

Now, allow me to give a real example: There's this academician in university whose perception of the world is still ticking in the 70s and 80s. Says: "there's no such thing as no time but there is this thing called bad time management". Hello, we're not robots. Many a times, nary a word was said to compliment the amount of labour done. I said labour because of the long hours put in and the amount of task to be completed. Daily, it's a 12-hour (with a 20-minute break for lunch) crunch and if lucky, it's 12 minus 2. And what was said? "It's your job."

At this point, one may think students are cry babies but no. We're not after our supervisors to cuddle us and sing to us. We'd use a word of appreciation. Don't tell me "that's life, the world is like that, that's varsity life"! It's this kind of people that make the world hell.

Yeah, stop complaining and get back to work eh? Maybe you'd just stop comparing us to the 80s and show some kindness. Who says this generation is lazy and not up to par? Well, maybe there are - I've seen. Bah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/