Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Monday 30 January 2012

One the 7th Day of CNY My Mother Gave to Me...

... a plate of pie tees! Or top hats.

Stir-fried jicama and layers of egg omelette, fried dry tofu, and chopped shrimps topped with garlic-chilli (not sure how to name this). Throwing all etiquette to the wind, the only way I know to eat these savoury lil'... thing... is to lift it upright and then drop it into the mouth.

Crush it and enjoy the sudden burst of flavours; checking every now and then that the gravy from the jicama didn't dribble from the corner of the mouth. Chew them and freeze that moment.

Repeat.

My camera's under the weather lately (and I don't think it's going to get any better with time) so a little Ps magic did salvage some of the dulcet sight I beheld during lunch.

Being a Nyonya dish, untold efforts went into the preparation of each components.

For better quality pictures, Google Images' the place to go.
      

1 comment:

  1. i mau makan juga...your mom very good la coz she really spent a lot of time..my mom wouldn't do small appetizer like this..

    ReplyDelete

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/