Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Sunday 21 February 2010

Humanity to Others


Booted Ubuntu from the LiveCD (was delivered free of charge all the way from the UK) and solved an XP problem that prevented my system from starting. I'm indebted to the folks at Bleeping Computers for the commands and stuff.

What I like about the Linux for Human Beings is that - not only is it free - it's built upon a source and bettered by contributors all over.

I can't say I'm totally switching over to it now since I'm with Windows since '95 and am used (or handicapped) to the environment but if I were to get a new computer, it'll be open-source; from the OS to essential programs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/