Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Heads up



It's half past two in the morning and I have to say the weather's funny. It's scorching during the day and strangely cool at this time. Breezy every now and then. A model of a real desert maybe?

Since there isn't much to see along the horizon of my view, naturally one would look up. And that's what I did. What do I see? My favourite thing in sky - the stars. There were so many of them; some larger and brighter than the other and I stood by the balcony staring at them.

And then came a few wishes: that I'd photograph meteors on a dark cloudless night, climb atop a mountain to get an unobstructed 360-degree view and relive my first ever meteor encounter few years back. And I thought of blasting into space to look at them. Well, you'd excuse the last thought given the time now.

I don't own any star-worthy equipments so I snapped the lights on the air conditioning unit. Can't complain too much about the quality. I guess this is another random and impulsive urge to write something after getting all mellow from the stargazing session. What I had in mind is way too long for a mobile post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/