Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Sunday 6 September 2009

The Ever First Time I Saw Your Face

The first time I ever hugged you
and felt your heart so close to mine
the first time ever I saw your face
I just wanted to protect you
and help you through the hungry years
because you're part of me
for you are special, a miracle from above

The first time ever I carried you
I'd been waiting for the moment for years
I thought it would not come.
Gladness, joy and thanksgiving filled my heart
The first time I ever saw your face.
You're the angel from the above
only God creates such perfect love.

So be free, spread your wings
a whole new world is waiting for you

By one C. Wong in today's Heart and Soul column of the Sunday Star; inspired by the Roberta Flack song (The Ever First Time I Saw Your Face).

And I've always wondered why there exist people who couldn't appreciate life whilst others struggled to conceive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/