Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Friday 15 June 2012

Terra Incognita

It has been seven years and still counting
The eighth looms with the tears still flowing
In some moments’ reprieve did they ease
Granting an instance of ataraxis

No sooner had the pain gone away
Than the surge of memories crashed my way
Time is a potent salve yet feelings remained grey
More so with every minute on this special day

What seemed like a week ago
With that gratingly gaping hole
Turns out to be a great distance in the eyeshot
As I edge away in a bumbling backward trot

I guess this is my deep end of the pool
One with my coach prematurely pulled
Now left the timing system to motivate me
And the lane markings to guide emotionlessly

Be it emeralds or ametrines
Contact mines or sea nymphs
I backed into the terra incognita
Holding on to her goading to get this far

The daisies stand out against the frigid monolith
Like the warm and welcoming figure I love and miss
Affection, acceptance, and a hearty laughter permeate the air
In the home of the cook, pizzaiola, and counselor-extraordinaire.
           
Canon powershot S100, Hove Cemetery, daisy and stones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/