Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Saturday 9 June 2012

Coffin

The ride along the coast was a ruse
A journey to a destination I couldn't choose
I was paralyzed neck down
Bundled into it; mouth gagged, limbs bound

I can see yet I see not
I'm sane yet I couldn't reason
It's truth and explanation which I sought
Silence - I got nothing but only derision

The rugged lid was ajar
I felt my captor hasn't gone far
I lay there motionless
Feeling hollow, increasing numbness

And then I heard the dreaded thud
The lid was mercilessly shut
With every nails flashed vivid memories
Every blow turned them into miseries

The pain was beyond words
Nothing is able to describe the hurt
I tried to shout but nothing came out
Hoping to hear that it's an April Fool's joke
     but none came about

In the dark, anguish engulfed me
Yet I felt a deep sense of yearning
Longing to see daylight and Aphrodite
To again walk, talk, and stare - grinning

It was two nights of emptiness and cold
Before the full effects dawned upon me - searing
Gripped and bleeding, the throes of alienation unfold
With a bloody heart, I close my eyes
      and it began raining

Edited.
First posted in 2008

5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this one! Can truly feel the anguish and pain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you enjoy the post or do you enjoy the pain and anguish thereof?

    A bit of both I reckon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the post. It was good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is this poem related to 'relationship' as labeled?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Err... Taking it in a not-too-literal manner, I believe it speaks of the lack of control in some aspects of a relationshio, no?

    Stunned, speechlessness (gag), pain (nails), wistful hope, Aphrodite (not a big fan of, but it fits well), and tears (rain) should set the right mood. :)

    I should make myself clearer next time

    ReplyDelete

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/