Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Tuesday 6 October 2009

God in a box

The film, Where Got Ghost, like all Singaporean comedies feted the audience with crude jokes and clever wordplay that never fail to elicit bouts of ha-ha throughout the screening. Long story short, there was this part in the film where the sons of a deceased mother decided not to worship her (ancestor worship) due to many mishaps in life. They did so after some thoughts and comparison with their well-to-do friend; apparently blessed with all the good things in life (a twist at the end leaving us all in stitches).

Now, I was like, "Wow, so conditional". Little did I know, many weeks after the show that I began to see a similarity between the characters and myself. Whilst the saying only the sick needs the doctor still stands, things are different when it comes to my walk with God.

Many times, we put the focus on the wrong things and end up feeling all odd and empty. It may be unrealistic goals fueled by selfish motives or simply putting blind faith in humans; so-called Christians or not.

I'm not sure how I'd end this one but it'd be hypocritical to end by saying that I'm all clear now: no more doubts now, and never will. I'm better off putting myself under constant reflection and not to be disheartened by the heat or tempest from every compass points.

God help me.

(Picture credit: here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/