Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Sunday 26 April 2009

Of the Palm Court and the Bell Tower

September 24, 2008
...hey bro... u must come down to kl for my wedding yeah

April 20, 2009
Hellos!
How are you doing!
You are invited to join our wedding countdown and celebrate this awesome moment with us as we get closer to our wedding day! Things are getting more and more exciting as we are getting closer and closer to start a new season of life together!

Now, I'm not sure about others but it's always nice to reminisce. There bound to be something to trigger that; to be sucked back to the sepia-hued days complete with an echo to every conversations and laughter.

Kevin came by the other day to USM for a meal and some catching up with Chris and myself. We're talking about the now and the then and how time really, oh well, flies. I guess we're a bunch of losers to relive our days in school over and over again but guess again, perhaps it's the one thing that'd never bore.

Back to the wedding, it's between Yee Lin (I'm used to this than the ang-moh name) and Jon (her fiance, and I addressed him like I've known him for a long time). I have photographs of my schooldays and flipping over, everyone was so young. Some with mischevious grins. Some with glistening eyes, knowing where they're headed next. Some are, well, clueless and blur. The corridor at the Palm Court along which we sit. Then we're in and out of varsity. Then we hear from the grapevine of so-and-so, of this and of that. Myself being treated to a pleasant surprise: the first message in the opening line of this post.

Their blog sure is a unique thing; to invite people to be part of their journey to the grand day. If the Catholics have the 12 Stations of the Cross, I have my stations of sort; one where I relive each point in life and how "old" everyone has become.

So, to the betrothed, I wish you a most enjoyable journey as you guys put the pieces together and lay that foundation towards a very sweet and blessed life together. I'm sure everyone like me are excited about the when the clapper strikes the resonating surface of the bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/