Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Wednesday 25 March 2009

Heaven? Haven't!

I'm not working in heaven. I always tell myself that and to people who comes to me complaining over their cursed workplace.

Their grouses are understandable. Idiotic bosses. Equally imbecilic colleagues. And I've seen them all. My take? These people are pathetically insecure and they have to behave in that way so that they no longer get trampled on or get bullied. They have the notion that if they were to let up in any way, then the surrounding will collapse on them. They're happy with how they are right now and cloistered in their comfort zone. Never will anyone expect them to change 'cos they will think it's the end of the world when anything disrupts their routine.

As much as I understand such people from Psychology professors, I still can't stand their view on life and of work. No one should be better than them and they're so selfish to the extent that a simple request for help is turned down. They feel better if people don't gain the same knowledge. Some will look at you and think to themselves, "I'm taller, no, I'm better than you. Look at my wry smile".

Others find joy in seeing you suffer or humiliated which prompt me to think they might be a victim of sadomasochism during the their growing up years. Well, so as not to be like them, I always suggest that we yield to such people and whenever possible steer clear from them. When you need to address them, remember no first name. Just greet them by their last name/family name. Say your thank you and get out.

We can't rid the world of such people who can't live a day without competition. One who wouldn't be satisfied if they can't derive pleasure out of your suffering. So be wise and be on the lookout.

Again, yield and be meek. Always say, "I don't work in heaven". Good luck, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/