Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Wednesday 4 March 2009

Life in Motion: By the Left, Right, Center, March!

"It's crazy!", someone remarked.
"Yeah, it's noisy", another added.
"I'm really busy", I replied.
"I think I'm pretty", the girl next to me blurted out.

We did a double take and roared with laughter. The atmosphere isn't that charged now. The month of February has come and gone and March greeted me with surprises. I see how God moves, how the love for money and the craze for power dictate man's actions, and how a day is over and the events thereof remained a fuzzy mental recollection.

It's the 4th now and life here is crazy and noisy; and I meant life in varsity and in Malaysia as a whole. We witness how a simple action motivated by greed reverberate into an upheaval of sort, with a significant magnitude.

It's the middle of the week and work piled up, deadlines coming at me unrelentingly. I'm really busy I said.

Not sure if there's anything pretty in the month of March, especially the power tussle in the silver state which has already damaged her image and democracy there losing its lustre. Alas, it's sad how after 51+ years, instead of marching on, we have clowns heading every possible directions the compass needle points. These people showed very well that with power, in whatever forms seen or otherwise I may add, democracy and the Constitution amount to nothing but be made a mockery.

Many, like me, still hold on to the flicker of hope in that Malaysia will be freed from such plague. Without a common goal, the formation is but a bunch of ragtags on parade. For now, I'd just hold on to my dream; brushing aside suggestions to pack up and forgetting calls to get out of this God-given land. So help us God.

In the light of the recent power struggle and with no end in sight, the blogosphere is alive with commentaries and equally enlightening comments too. Together with stomach-churning abuses, the following is one I'd agree on (edited):

Before the Berlin wall came down, before the disintegration of the great USSR, would anyone dare dream that one day, freedom will come to them? For as long as we don't lose faith, for as long as we don't forget, for as long as we keep dreaming, one day, Malaysia will be free from tyranny. We are not there yet, but one day, we will surely be free.

Some of us may lose hope and bundle all we have and emigrate... we can say, lets bring our wealth and our talents and leave Malaysia. We must not do that! This is our God given land, we cannot leave our brethren behind... we must stay as one people and keep working to bring true democracy to our land
Forward March!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/