Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Tuesday 11 August 2009

A Year Comes Full Circle

Convocation is around the corner and dawned upon me how fast one year passes. It was around this time last year that I graduated and now I'm out of the big picture; standing inconspicuously and observing from one corner.

I can't say I've achieved what I set out to complete but surely, it's been an eventful one year. On the surface, a lot of new things happen and old ones vanished away. At times, I'm on top of that proverbial wheel of life and sometimes at the bottom-most part, rubbing against the ground.

Another year or so and I'd be graduating again. As much as a lot has changed, I still see that some old habits do indeed die hard. Sometimes, with big status comes big headedness too. In short? I was told that life's like a wheel, sometimes I'm on top and other times, bottom. But I wasn't told that being at the bottom hurts. Gosh! People ought to come up with better analogies for life.

PS. Soon, I'd be observing another anniversary like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/