Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Monday 25 May 2009

The Square Root of Three

A creative way of using numbers, math and the like in the scripts of Harold and Kumar: Escape from Guantanamo Bay. No praises or abuses but I find it better than Scary Movie. Square root of three... I'd never have thought of it up to this point. No thanks, in part, to my dislike for numbers. But I love The Oxford Murders to bits! Some say it's credited to David Feinberg but whoever composed that, it's clever. Here goes, behold the Theodorus' constant:

I fear that I will always be
A lonely number like root three
A three is all that's good and right

Why must my three keep out of sight

Beneath a vicious square-root sign?
I wish instead I were a nine

For nine could thwart this evil trick
With just some quick arithmetic

I know I'll never see the sun as 1.7321
Such is my reality, a sad irrationality

When, hark, just what is this I see?
Another square root of a three

Has quietly come waltzing by
Together now we multiply

To form a number we prefer
Rejoicing as an integer

We break free from our mortal bonds
And with a wave of magic wands

Our square-root signs become unglued
And love for me has been renewed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/