Pages

Backdrops

Currently transiting: Loch Lomond, Scotland | Previous destination: Kernavė Archaeological Site, Lithuania

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Bittersweet Scottish Summer

I stared at the empty page
Not knowing whether to bitch or make an adage
Maybe I could try to wet that six by eight with ade
Concocted and brimmed in my dreamy head

During the Bealltainn companioned by the Great Highland bagpipe
I heard myself humming to delightful melodies
Yesterday I awoke to a dampened hype
In fellowship with silence I groaned in my maladies

Images of a kvetching child now dance before me
Echoes of her voice are haunting but no less than endearing
It’s but a short time before she melds into the scenery
That of a luxuriant Kelvingrove Park, reddening

The bench is empty, save for the weathered grains
A faithful third in every conversation
Whether they be blessings or banes
The gust has carried them to certain oblivion

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder
But it felt like the top of Ben Lui, only colder
Behind the tear-sealed palpebras picturing Loch Lomond
I revisit the sweet memories of summer gone
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire away! I'd like to know what's on your mind.

/*note to JC: javascript below added 19Aug2012*/